Ava Joy Schmied

Ava Joy Schmied
Born August 3rd, 2009

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I Love My Family: Part 3

Okay so we are at Day 6 of my family visit. This day I went back to work while my parents watched Ava again. When I called home on my lunch break my Mom says, " I didn't think I would cry this time when I left but I've already cried twice." And I knew at that moment that I was gonna cry big time when I told them bye. Once I got home they were all packed and ready to go :*( and Ava and I said our goodbyes and Yes there were tears a flowing. After they were gone I had to regroup because my Mother-in-law and sister-in-law (Grandma and Aunt Erica) were on there way to watch Ava for the rest of the week. They didn't get in until late so Ava woke up to a big surprise on Day 7.......

Fun with Grandma and Aunt Erica. As I left for work this morning Ava was already having a blast and not even noticing that I was walking out the door. She was busy playing with Grandma's suitcase. She kept opening and closing it and putting her toys in it. So I left with ease, knowing that Ava was content and entertained. I came home and this is what Miss Ava had been up to all day......



And some of this




Erica had made dinner for us , Apricot Chicken, and it was delicious! Then we bathed Ava and after she was in bed, we all watched Couples Retreat. Good Times.


Day 8:

To my surprise my hospital cut orientation short and I got today off. It was great that I had a unexpected day to hang out. I woke up to Erica cooking breakfast for all of us. I felt so spoiled that my guest was cooking for me! Today I took them to see Bryan's office. They are extremely proud of him and got to meet everyone at his office. We all went to lunch at this delicious Thai food restaurant and besides Ava's minor melt down with staying in her high chair, it was great! It once again was time to say good - bye. On my way back home with Ava I got really sad. I miss not living by our family. They are all great and Bryan, Ava, and I are so lucky to have them in our lives. But through the weekend I began to feel better and know that these times are to be cherished because they are not the routine and that's what makes it extra special.

Giving some love




(excuse the air mattress in the background)

Enjoying a nap

Out to lunch with Daddy


So that was our week, and it was perfect!! And in other family news, I have a big announcement to make about one of my family members. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment